Saturday, September 19, 2009

California and the Dodgers






"In time of test, family is besst." Burmese Proverb



Carl was diagnosed with prostate cancer in May. One thing he has always wanted to do is to go to California and see a Dodgers game. He has been a Dodgers fan since he was a little boy. I was on the internet hunting for a flight to send him to a game. The phone rang and it was my niece, Jodi, asking what I was up to. I told her I was hunting for a cheap flight to LA. She said that she and her husband, Tim, were going to send us both to California for a few days! We were so surprised. They knew it was a dream of Carl's and they wanted to fulfill that dream. Tim's only request was that Carl put his feet in the Pacific Ocean, which we both did.



They will never know how much that trip meant to us. We have never done anyting like that before.(just the 2 of us) Carl had such a great time. He went to 2 games and also went on a tour of the stadium. I sat in the stands and watched him as he was in the Dodger Dugout and talking to the guide. His mouth was going and so were his hands. I don't think I've ever seen him so excited to be somewhere. Thanks Tim and Jodi. We love you and your family and hope to someday repay you in anyway that we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment