Thursday, February 24, 2011

Abe and George

"I hope I shall posess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."  George Washington

The girls and I celebrated Presidents Day on 2 different days.  On the first day we dedicated the day to Lincoln and the next to Washington.  I tried to explain a little of their history, which Chloe was more interested in than Cali. In a few years, I'll go over everthing again with Cali.

Chloe did know a few things about George Washington.  They learned all about the cherry tree in music class.  She was very proud of herself to be able to tell me what she knew.

The tree was made by tracing their wrist and hand.  The cherries were made with their fingerprints. As you can see, Cali really got into this!

No comments:

Post a Comment