Monday, October 26, 2009

Quilting

"From small beginnings come great things."














Most of you know that I have a passion for Chinese orphans and adoptions. There is a Chinese custom that you make a One Hundred Good Wishes Quilt for your new baby. You have family and friends send you a square of material and a good wish. This is what makes the OHGWQ. I joined a yahoo group that does the exchanging of material squares just for the OHGWQ. I have material from all over the USA and the world. This group is so much fun and Chloe loves to help me get all of the squares together and into envelopes. She decided that she wanted quilts for her baby dolls, so we made two of them. She picked out some scrap material and helped to put it together. They are far from perfect, but she loves them. Everytime we go shopping, she always needs to go to the fabric department and show me what material she likes. We soon will be starting a princess quilt and a Dora quilt for her dolls at home.


Cali was being a little stinker and didn't want to hold the quilt while I took their picture. She usually loves having her picture taken, but not this day.


Aunt Bethany is making the OHGWQ for Gracie. We want it to be perfect and Mam isn't that good of a quilter yet. Probably never will be, but I'll keep on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment