Monday, January 11, 2010

Long Island, NY



"The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family."  Lee Iacocca
Last weekend we went to Long Island, NY to spend the weekend with my niece Jodi, her husband Tim and their kids.  It was FREEZING COLD, but we had a great time with everyone.  We went to see Mason play his indoor soccer game and Carl had a good time playing Apples to Apples with Jonathan, Luke, and Mason.  Alex had a birthday party on Sunday, so we didn't get to spend as much time with him.  I even enjoyed myself at the Mall and I don't like shopping.  Emily was getting a dress for her 16th birthday party in May and that was something new for me, shopping for a girl's party dress!  I also enjoyed going out to the dinner with just the girls and having a good time with their Au Pair, Jeanine, from South Africa.  She is soon leaving to go back and I know they will really miss her.  She was so much  a part of the family. But man, she has tickets to the World Cup Final!!

No comments:

Post a Comment